Construction Enforcement, Stimulus Funding on ACCSH Agenda
The Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health and its workgroups will meet July 28-31 in Washington, D.C., to discuss the agency's construction enforcement process and construction stimulus funding. ACCSH advises the secretary of labor and the assistant secretary of labor for OSHA in the formulation of standards affecting the construction industry and on policy matters arising in the administration of the safety and health provisions of the Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act and the OSH Act of 1970.
ACCSH workgroups will meet on Tuesday and Wednesday, July 28-29, and the full meeting will convene Thursday, July 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday, July 31 from 8:30 a.m. to noon. The committee will meet at the U.S. Department of Labor, Frances Perkins Building, Rooms N-3437 A-C, 200 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C., 20210.
Topics that will be addressed during the two days of workgroup meetings are:
- Women in Construction – 8:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m., July 28
- Multilingual communication (explores safety issues created by language differences) – 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., July 28
- Residential Fall Protection – 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., July 28
- Trenching – 2:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., July 28
- Power Fastening Tools – 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., July 28
- Regulatory Compliance (Focused Inspections) – 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., July 29
- Rollover Protective Structures – 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., July 29
- Silica – 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m., July 29
- Education and Training (DTE) – 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., July 29
General information inquiries should be directed to Michael Buchet, OSHA, Directorate of Construction, at 202-693-2020 or via e-mail to email@example.com.