No Rest for the Weary as AIHce Gears Up for 2009
The sessions are finished, the networking over, and the traveling at an end. Take a short respite, you've earned it. But don't take too long, because soon it will be time to head to Toronto for next year's event.
That's right, AIHce 2009 will be hosted next year in Toronto, "The City of Creativity." If you don't yet have you passport, start applying for one now.
Deadlines are fast approaching. Presenters can select from three presentation formats:
- Podium Abstract, a 20 minute oral presentation with or without slides on scientific research or a case study.
- Poster Abstract, a three-day-long visual display on fiberboard in which the author must be present for a scheduled two-hour Q&A session.
- EHS Crossover Program, a 60-minute presentation by one or two speakers that provides practical information on non-industrial hygiene topics, such as safety and environment.
For more information, including a list of top environmental and safety topics requested by surveyed AIHce attendees, go to www.aiha.org/abstract.htm.
Here is a rundown of AIHce 2009 dates to keep in mind:
- Aug. 15, 2008 - Deadline: professional development course proposals
- Oct. 6, 2008 - Deadline: technical papers, poster abstracts, and roundtable panel program submissions
- Oct. 29, 2008 - Permanent Conference Committee Meeting #1
- Nov. 21, 2008 - Deadline: AIHce session arrangers complete podium sessions
- Dec. 4, 2008 - Permanent Conference Committee Meeting #2
- Mid-December 2008 - AIHce accept/reject e-mail notices are sent to submitters
- January 2009 - AIHce 2009 Advance Program is mailed
- May 30-June 4, 2009 - AIHce 2009 occurs in Toronto
For more information, go to www.aihce2009.org.