Opioids and Their Impact on Your Workforce
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 70,200 people lost their lives due to a drug overdose (illicit and prescription drugs), in 2017. That means nearly 200 drug overdose deaths occurred per day, across the United States.
Recent news reports indicate pharmaceutical companies such as Johnson and Johnson, Purdue Pharma, and others are looking to settle thousands of opioid related lawsuits, from private citizens, state, local governments, and tribal authorities, potentially worth up to tens-of-billions of dollars.
During the webinar we will conduct an examination of the opioid crisis in America and the impact the crisis has had on businesses and their workforce. This examination will be conducted from an occupational health perspective to include –
- The devastating impact the opioids crisis has had on lives across the United States.
- States impacted the greatest by the opioid crisis.
- Industries impacted by opioid and heroin misuse.
- How the opioid epidemic is impacting the pool of employees companies select from.
- Ways in which opioid abuse can impact employee availability, productivity and safety.
- How opioid use can impact injured workers’ compensation costs, recovery, and return to work time frames.
- A method of determining the cost of substance abuse to your company based on your industry.
- Identify steps businesses can take to strengthen and protect their workforce and reduce their liability exposure in light of the opioids crisis.
Register below today for this free webinar!
DATE: November 6, 2019
TIME: 2:00PM ET - 1:00PM CT - 11:00AM PT
Lee Little is President and CEO of Premier Workforce Training and Development. He has over 25 years of experience in Safety and Health systems management, Workforce Development, Workers' Compensation, Injury Claims Management, and Customer Service.
He is an Air Force veteran and recipient of distinguished awards and medals for his work as an Occupational Safety and Health Specialist. Lee is an Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for General Industry, as well as a Certified Corporate Trainer, with 10's-of-thousands of hours effectively coaching, training, and facilitating classes in traditional and distance learning environments.
Lee worked for the City of San Antonio as the Safety and Health Program Supervisor for the Public Works and Solid Waste Departments, with as many as 1,800 employees and a fleet of over 500 commercial vehicles. Lee is a Licensed All Lines Adjuster and worked as an Injury Claims Adjuster and trainer for USAA Insurance. He has extensive experience investigating, processing and managing Workers' Compensation, automobile, property damage, personal injury claims.
Skillsoft Compliance Solutions provides both workplace safety training and ethics training tailored to meet an organization’s unique, industry-specific requirements. Their advanced learning management system, Percipio Compliance, delivers an engaging user experience and robust functionality. With over 500 risk topics in 32 languages, Skillsoft offers one of the largest selections of compliance training to ensure organizations can effectively meet regulatory obligations, safeguard employees and encourage a culture of compliance. www.skillsoftcompliance.com
Date: Nov 06, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM ET
Duration: 1 Hour