Integrating Safety Management Systems Into Profit Driven Workplaces
Safety compliance is often thought of as a cost center that can work against profitability of the organization. This presentation will assist safety professionals to justify the efforts and expenditures necessary to put a high functioning safety management system such as ANSI Z10 or ISO 45001 in place. These systems can meaningfully change their organization's commitment to operating a healthy, safe, and risk controlled workplace. In turn, this will sustain an already good safety record with a continuous improvement model. Or it can drive changes necessary to turn around an unacceptable safety record by implementing business processes that integrate best safe work practices into the routine way of performing work. This creates significant and lasting changes that support organizational growth and dependable productivity, rather than short term compliance driven campaigns that can degrade back to hazardous working conditions leaving workers and employers at continued risk
Takeaways for participants:
Register for this free webinar below!
- Participants will be provided a contrast between Safety and Health Compliance programs and the operational benefits of Safety Management Systems
- Strategies will be shared for making a business case for integrating a continuous improvement based safety management system into long term organizational growth and sustainability plans
- Demonstration of how cost justification of a more integrated approach to blending business management and safety management systems can positively effect risk management considerations.
: June 21, 2018
: 2:00PM ET - 1:00PM CT - 11:00AM PT
Global Sr. Manager – Applied Safety Solutions
The Master Lock Company
Todd Grover is the Global Senior Manager for The Master Lock Company’s Professional Services Group. With over 30 years of experience as an EHS Manager, consultant and college educator, he has been a frequent presenter at national and international safety conventions, national webinars and authored numerous articles in major safety and health publications. He holds an Advanced Safety Certification through the National Safety Council and is an OSHA authorized instructor for both the General Industry and Construction 10 and 30-hour courses.
Todd has worked with a wide range of industries to prepare detailed safety and health policies and procedures, developed company-specific compliance training, and represented employers in numerous lockout-related OSHA citation mitigation actions. He has worked with Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout Tag out since the inception of the OSHA 1910.147 standard and is currently a participating member of:
- The ANSI Z244.1 (2016) Standard for Control of Hazardous Energy
- The ANSI Z10 Safety Management Standard
- The U.S. delegation to the ISO 45001 Global Standard for Occupational Health and Safety.
Committed to making safety work through a continuous improvement strategy, Todd provides a solution-driven practical approach to accident prevention, risk management and meeting compliance requirements.
Duration: 1 Hour