Into the Weeds: Marijuana’s Impact on Occupational Health
REGISTER Below to view the FREE ONDemand Version
This webinar occurred on: May 31, 2017
With the rise in the number of marijuana users – and the accompanying increase in positive drug tests – across the nation, it’s clear that marijuana legalization is presenting unique issues to American organizations. In this webinar, we will explore this legal and societal change and look at how it impacts the workplace.
Attend this webinar to learn about:
Where marijuana in legal for medicinal and recreational use within the United States
- The impact marijuana legalization has on employee productivity and safety
- The Zero Tolerance Policy and how it impacts both the organization and the employee
- How to conduct a risk assessment and safety plan related to marijuana exposure
– Bill has been a Senior Application Consultant at Medgate since 2002. Previous to Medgate, Bill worked at Miller Brewing Company where he was an Occupational Health Nurse for 18 years.
Dr. Kyle Akers, MD
– Dr. Akers joined Colorado Springs Utilities in 2002 as the Occupational Health & Medical Coordinator. Before moving to Colorado Springs in 1985, Dr. Akers completed his residency at Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation in New Orleans.
Sara Akins, CIH
– Sara is a Senior Industrial Hygienist at Colorado Springs Utilities, where she has been working since 2008. Previous to Colorado Springs Utilities, Sara worked in Health and Safety at Platte River Power Authority.
Duration: 1 Hour