Are you sure workplace bullying is legal? - Advanced Level
According to OSHA's website, “workplace violence is any act or threat of physical violence, harassment, intimidation, or other threatening disruptive behavior. It ranges from threats and verbal abuse to physical assaults and even homicide.” Two out of those four examples are describing workplace bullying, also known as Level I violence. Of course, OSHA requires employers to provide their employees with a place of employment that is free from hazards that are causing or likely to cause harm to employees. Sure sounds like OSHA makes bullying illegal… but… unfortunately, reality says otherwise.
Join Catherine Mattice, internationally recognized expert and author of the book hailed by Ken Blanchard as, “the most comprehensive and valuable handbook” on workplace bullying, as she takes you through the process of developing effective strategies for dealing with workplace bullying and provides a step-by-step guide for building a healthy workplace where employees can thrive. You will gain research-based information in the following areas:
- The social system of bullying, how to define it, and the behaviors that “count” as bullying
- A comprehensive discussion about the similarities and differences in bullying and harassment, and bullying and workplace violence
- How to conduct a prevalence audit to determine the extent of bullying, and use the results to make a business case for solving bullying
- How to implement a healthy workplace policy that has buy in from employees
- How to conduct effective training programs that eradicate workplace bullying
- The role of performance management systems in creating a healthy workplace culture
- Regulatory updates on workplace bullying, including state laws and recent EEOC and NLRB reports
Duration: 1 1/2 hours
Register now for this live, 90-minute presentation.
Registrants will receive a Certificate of Completion and can print the presentation slides in their entirety.
Don’t miss out... register today!
About Our Presenter:
Catherine M. Mattice, MA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is President of consulting and training firm, Civility Partners, and has been successfully providing programs in workplace bullying and building positive workplaces since 2007. Her clients include Chevron, the American Red Cross, the military, several universities and hospitals, government agencies, small businesses and nonprofits. She has published in a variety of trade magazines and has appeared as an expert in major news outlets including NPR, FOX, NBC, ABC, USA Today, Inc Magazine, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, Washington Times, Psychology Today and Bloomberg. Catherine is Past-President of the Association for Talent Development (ATD), San Diego Chapter, and one of the founders (and current president of) the National Workplace Bullying Coalition. In his foreword to her book, BACK OFF! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying at Work, Ken Blanchard said it was “the most comprehensive and valuable handbook” on workplace bullying. BACK OFF, and her second book, SEEKING CIVILITY: How Leaders, Managers and HR Can Create a Workplace Free of Bullying, are both available on Amazon.
If you need further assistance with registering or logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance with logging in or your password during the live event, please call 972-687-6710.
Duration: 90 Minutes