VPPPA Partners with OSHA for Exciting Round Up of Workshops at Safety+ 2021
OSHA will be at VPPPA’s Safety+ Symposium in full force leading workshops on topic like industrial hygiene, anti-retaliation programs, and construction & general industry challenges.
- By Sydny Shepard
- Aug 17, 2021
The Voluntary Protection Programs Participants' Association is hosting their annual Safety+ An Integrated Safety & Health Management Systems Symposium in Nashville, Tennessee this year from August 31 through September 2 at the Gaylord Opryland Convention Center. The symposium days will be full of educational sessions and workshops—some led by Occupational Health & Safety Administration officials.
Tuesday, August 31st will start off with the Labor & Management Open Forum which will feature an open conversation with Federal and State Plan OSHA representatives. Learn how the pandemic directly impacted VPP and safety as a whole, and what changes or modifications to expect in the future. Featured panelists include James Frederick, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Occupational Safety and Health and Jimmy Hart, President of the Metal Trades Department (MTD), AFL-CIO.
The symposium’s Opening General Session and Keynote on the first day will begin at 10:00 AM and will be led by Brad Baptiste, OSHA Regional VIII VPP Manager.
VPPPA will have OSHA available onsite to present seven workshops. The topics will include:
- OSHA Special Government Employee (SGE) Program
- Construction & OSHA Challenge for General Industry
- How to Improve Your Bottom Line & Engage Your Employees: Create an Effective Anti-Retaliation Program
- OSHA's Process Safety Management (PSM) Supplemental Questions: Overview & Analysis
- VPP Slump (Me & VPP)
- The Top Ten Elements of a Stellar Safety & Health Management System
- VPP: Do Not Overlook Industrial Hygiene
Attendees will also have access to earn industry CEUs at more than 75 workshops. Workshop topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Active Shooter Prevention & Response
- CBD Use & Workplace Safety
- COVID-19 & VPP
- Occupational Dog Bite Safety
- Buried Alive: A Survivor's Story
- Safety Training Bootcamp
For more information about VPPPA Safety+ visit www.vpppa.org.