Eight Earn NSC’s Highest Honor for Individuals
The National Safety Council announced eight recipients of its 2007 Distinguished Service to Safety Awards and inducted the group during the opening session of the council’s Congress & Expo here in Chicago yesterday. Presented to recognize service to the field of safety, the award is NSC’s highest prize presented to individuals. This year’s honorees are:
- Henry B. Bongers, senior manager of Safety and Security, Kerry Americas, Beloit, Wis.
- Eugene Crovetti, vice president (retired), IBEW Local Union 150, Highland Park, Ill.
- Robin L. Elliott, director, Occupational Health and Safety, University of Delaware, Newark, Del.
- Dr. J. Nigel Ellis, president, Ellis Fall Safety Solutions, Wilmington, Del.
- John B. Keeler, president (retired), Arizona Chapter, NSC, Phoenix
- James N. Robinson, assistant director, Life Safety Systems, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Ronald W. Tackery, senior vice president, Professional Services and Integration, Emergency Medical Services Corp., Greennwood Village, Colo.
- Colonel Mark V. Trostel, Chief, Colorado State Patrol, Denver