AIHA to Recognize Outstanding OEHS Professionals at AIHce 2007
Along with the seminars, education sessions, and exhibitor booths, the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) will also present several awards during the American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) 2007 in Philadelphia. Every year AIHA honors those it feels have demonstrated exceptional accomplishments and provide significant contributions to the industrial hygiene and occupational and environmental health and safety (OEHS) profession at it annual expo.
"It is my pleasure to acknowledge AIHA award recipients who have performed with dedication and commitment to enhance the industrial hygiene profession," said AIHA President Frank M. Renshaw, Ph.D., CIH, CSP. "The winners of these awards deserve this recognition by their peers as a result of their extraordinary accomplishments."
The awards, their recipients, and the scheduled presentations are:
- Alice Hamilton Award: Martha A. Waters, Ph.D., CIH; presented at the General Session on Monday, June 4.
- Edward J. Baier Technical Achievement Award: Paul Hewett, Ph.D., CIH; presented at the AIHA annual business meeting on Thursday, June 7.
- Donald E. Cummings Memorial Award: Howard J. Cohen, Ph.D., CIH; presented at the General Session on Monday, June 4.
- AIHA Distinguished Service Award: Nick D. Yin, CIH, CSP; presented at the AIHA annual business meeting on Thursday, June 7.
- Kusnetz Award: Shelley Wheeling-Park, MPH, CHMM, CSP, CIH; presented at the AIHA annual business meeting on Thursday, June 7.
- William P. Yant Award: Nam Won Paik, DrPH, CIH; presented at the General Session on Monday, June 4.
The President's Award, which is given to an individual, task force, special interest group, or local section for outstanding contribution to efforts to achieve the mission of AIHA during the presidency year, will be will be presented at the AIHA President's Reception on Wednesday, June 6.